Lille Region: a strategic location
- At the heart of the London / Paris / Brussels triangle
- At the heart of the first European market: 78 million consumers and €1500 billion of buying power
- At the heart of an international transport network: TGV high-speed train; motorways; sea, air and river routes.
Lille Region is the ideal solution for your clients and workers: proximity to large international airports, northern Europe 1h30 away by train, direct link to the United Kingdom.
Lille Region is very accessible for the import and export of goods: well-developed road, rail, sea, river and air network.
Lille Region offers an ideal environment for developing your activity in the European market. The presence of a high number of international businesses, a stable economy and a large pool of qualified workers constitute a favourable ecosystem.
- Mobility: Lille region is in the top three among French regions in the rail, automobile and logistics sectors,
- Health – nutrition – agrofood,
- ICT: internet, multimedia, e-commerce and e-retail,
- Advanced materials: technical textiles, green chemistry, …,
- Call centres.
A vibrant, dynamic region offering a high quality of life:
- Culture (Louvre-Lens, belfries on UNESCO’s World Heritage list, Lille capital of culture, …),
- Sport (international-standard sports facilities, 11 000 clubs, 21 golf courses, 5 000 km of hiking trails…),
- Tourism (conserved natural sites, large-scale events (Lille 3000, Dunkirk carnival, …).
- Regional GDP of 97 billion euros (2010),
- 3rd French region in terms of foreign investment, for 20 years,
- 1300 foreign businesses established,
- 4th French region in terms of exports,
- Youngest French region,
- 160,000 students in 7 universities and more than 30 grande école higher education facilities,
> For more information, contact Nord France Invest, the economic development agency of Lille Region.http://www.nordfranceinvest.fr/
> For more information about the advantages of Lille Region, visit the website of Project center (videos, data and infographics) and the information platform of the Nord-Pas de Calais Regional Council.
Artois is situated in the heart of Lille Region and takes full advantage of its geographical location to offer businesses rapid access to large international exchange and transport networks.
The territory boasts several strong industrial sectors, a young and highly educated population and a very good quality of life.
R&D activities of the principal business sectors are supported by clusters of excellence present in the region and by hyperspecialized laboratories:
- transport-logistics (Euralogistic cluster),
- agrofood (Agroé – agrofood cluster of excellence, Adrianor – specialized laboratory),
- manufacturing industries, (plastics processing cluster, CRITT M2A laboratory for car acoustics and engines,…),
- eco-activities and joint ventures (Team² competitiveness cluster and CD2E cluster),
- business tourism,
- Public works and civil engineering,
The educational offer, covering initial and continuing education, is extensive: University of Artois, grandes écoles, 80 fields of study for higher technical vocational courses.
Artois is also synonymous with a high quality of life: varied and living cultural scene (Main Square festival, Louvre-Lens,…), historical sites included in the UNESCO World Heritage list (belfries, mining area, fortifications of Vauban…), commemorative tourism (Canadian National Vimy Memorial, La Coupole,…) and a warm welcome.
> For further information, visit the the “Invest in Artois” website.