- At the heart of a triangle London / Paris / Brussels
- In the heart of the leading European market: 78 million consumers and € 1500 billion in purchasing power
- At the heart of an international-level transport network: high-speed trains, highways, airlines, shipping lines and fluvial.
WTC Lille and Lille Arras
Hauts de France: a strategic position
French region the youngest
Hauts de France is an ideal solution for customers and employees: proximity to major international airports, Northern Europe at 1h30 by train, direct connection with the United Kingdom.
Hauts de France is easy access for goods import and export flows: important road, rail, sea, river and air networks.
Hauts de France is an ideal environment to develop your business in the European market. The strong presence of international companies, a stable economy and a large pool of qualified employment offer a privileged ecosystem for companies coming to settle there.
High-performance business sectors:
- Mobility: Lille region is in the top three of the French regions in the sectors of rail, automotive and logistics,
- Health – nutrition – agro-food,
- ICT: internet, multimedia, ecommerce and retail,
- Advanced Materials: technical textiles, green chemistry , …,
- Customer Services.
A lively and dynamic region, offering a real quality of life:
- Culture (Louvre-Lens, UNESCO World Heritage belfries, Lille, capital of culture,…),
- Sport (world-class sports facilities, 11,000 clubs, 21 golf courses, 5000km of hiking trails…),
- Tourism (preserved natural heritage, major events (Lille 3000, Dunkirk carnival,…).
A few figures:
- Regional GDP of 152 billion euros (2011),
- 3rd French region for receiving foreign investments for 20 years
- 900 foreign companies established
- 4th French exporting region
- Youngest French region
- 200 000 students in 9 universities, 35 prestigious schools and 10 business and management schools.